Sometimes, it can feel like there’s a new product you need to add to your skincare routine every month. You are not alone if you have no idea what a serum is or actually does. To put it simply, a serum is a skincare product that is meant to be applied to the skin after cleansing but before moisturizing. These products deliver powerful ingredients directly into the skin and they are able to penetrate deeply into the skin to deliver high concentrations of active ingredients. They are a great tool to address a variety of specific skincare concerns, like wrinkles and blemishes. Adding a facial serum to your skin care routine may be intimidating at first, especially because a lot of them have a hefty price tag, but there are plenty of inexpensive alternatives that work just as good, without you having to triple check your bank account balance at checkout. Here are 7 of the top rated face serums at Ulta Beauty – for under $30!
- TonyMoly – Vital Vita 12 Synergy Ampoule: Described as a “multi-vitamin compound that uses nanosome technology that provides 12 types of vitamins (A, B1, B3, B5, B6, B8, B12, C, E, F, H) combined to create a highly effective multi-vitamin blend.” It is lightweight and sinks deeply into skin to give a glowing/dewy look without any harmful chemicals, artificial coloring, or scents. Price: $20
- Revolution Skincare – 2% Hyaluronic Acid Serum: Described as “Ideal for use before foundation” and is “a lightweight, oil-free solution sinks in quickly for lasting hydration that plumps up dehydrated skin, leaving it feeling silky soft and looking healthier.” Price: $10
- The Body Shop – Oils of Life Essence Lotion: This is described as having a “texture that glides onto skin and leaves a pleasurable soft touch finish without a greasy feel” and it also “provides instant visible results while preparing and activating skin for the next steps of your routine.” Price: $24
- Kitao – Matcha + Chia Essence Lotion: Described as being packed with four powerful superfoods and it also “softens and rehydrates the top layer of dry skin cells, delivering powerful antioxidants to the vital layers of your skin. Matcha green tea and chia seed work together to fight aging free radicals and improve overall skin health. Brightening acai helps enliven the complexion as quinoa balances oil and prevent clogged pores.” Price: $25
- Naturally G4U – Sleeping Beauty Cell Refresh Serum: Described as being able to “boost moisture to skin cells for a luminous, hydrated appearance.” The key ingredients help “hydrate and firm to improve cellular turnover and smooth fine lines” and are “antioxidant, free-radical-scavenging, and anti-inflammatory powerhouse used to treat blemishes, psoriasis, reactive skin.” Price: $20
- Naturally G4U – Clear You Skin Resurfacing 1% Retinol Serum: Described as a serum that “evens skin tone and texture, while supporting skin cell renewal.” The main ingredients “support skin elasticity and renewal, help address the look of scars, fine lines and wrinkles,” while also “speeding up the healing of minor blemishes, bringing calm, and balancing bacteria.” The aloe in the serum “soothes irritation and inflammation.” Price: $20
- Leaders – Aquablend Oil Serum: Described as being “specially designed to penetrate deep into the skin as the viscous soft gel changes to moisturizing serum and finally to radiant oil. It is formulated with white truffle oil from Italy that contains antioxidants and vitamins to nourish and protect the skin.” Price: $17.50