Remove Your Double Chin
No More Double Chin
KYBELLA® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.
How Does It Work?
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
When injected into the fat beneath your chin, KYBELLA® causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.*
Is KYBELLA® right for me?
Do you answer yes to any of these questions?
- You’re bothered by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You don’t want surgery
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
If you said yes to any of those questions, we have the solution. Only you and Dr. Riopelle can decide if KYBELLA® is right for you. If you’re bothered by submental fullness, or double chin, KYBELLA® may be the right procedure for you.*
KYBELLA® has been the focus of a global clinical development program involving over 20 clinical studies with more than 2,600 patients worldwide, of which over 1,600 have been treated with KYBELLA®
The safety profile of KYBELLA® is well characterized. The most common side effects are swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness and areas of hardness around the treatment area. KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including trouble swallowing and nerve injury in the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness. These are not all of the possible side effects of KYBELLA®. Call us today about more information on KYBELLA® treatment.*
You and Dr. Riopelle will customize your KYBELLA® treatment regimen, including how many treatments you need, based on your desired chin profile. Many patients experience visible results in 2 to 4 treatment sessions. During these sessions, Dr. Riopelle will administer KYBELLA® into the fat under your chin using multiple injections. Up to 6 treatment sessions may be administered spaced no less than one month apart.*
- In clinical studies, results for KYBELLA®-treated patients who had a ≥1-grade composite improvement were 8% (1 treatment), 28% (2 treatments), 43% (3 treatments), 55% (4 treatments), 66% (5 treatments) and 72% (6 treatments)*
- In clinical studies, results for KYBELLA®-treated patients who had a ≥2-grade composite improvement were 0% (1 treatment), .2% (2 treatments), .8% (3 treatments), 3.5% (4 treatments), 3.9% (5 treatments) and 15% (6 treatments)*
- 59% of subjects in the clinical trials received all 6 treatments*
How long will the results last?
When injected into the fat under your chin, KYBELLA® causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. After the aesthetic response is achieved, retreatment with KYBELLA® is not expected, therefore the results are expected to be permanent in reference to those cells treated with KYBELLA®.*
* Disclaimer: Results are not guaranteed and may vary from person to person.
At SF Bay Cosmetic, we have experienced doctors and technicians who will take the time to understand your goals and develop a treatment plan that is right for you.