Photofacial Skin Rejuvenation
A Photofacial Skin Rejuvenation treatment is comprised of two laser treatment modalities, Solar Genesis and Laser Genesis. Solar Genesis uses gentle light pulses to correct or erase the signs of photoaging, rosacea, sun damage, brown spots and to reduce the appearance of mild acne scars and fine lines around eyes and mouth. Laser Genesis utilizes advanced laser technology to reduce fine, undesirable facial vessels and diffuse redness, minimizes pores and helps to stimulate collagen growth.
FACE, NECK, & CHEST $500
PACKAGE OF 5 PHOTOFACIALS (face) $1450
- Discomfort – a hot sensation may last for up to an hour after treatment. A cold compress or ice pack may be used if desired.
- Blistering – there is always a slight possibility of developing a crust or blister, this is superficial and does not result in any scarring.Change of pigment – hypo (lighter) or hyper (darker) pigmentation occurs when there has been exposure to sunlight before or after treatment. Sun exposure must be avoided 3-4 weeks before and after treatment.
- Excessive swelling – immediately after treatment the skin may swell temporarily and should subside within hours but can last up to 7 days.
- Fragile skin – the skin at or near the treatment site may become fragile – avoid makeup and do not rub the area.
- Bruising – a bruise may appear on the treated area and can last from 5-15 days
- Recent sunburn
- Fake tan on the treatment area
- History of seizures
- Severe dermatitis or eczema (within the treatment area)
- Active infection
- Accutane (oral acne medication) use in the last 6 months
- Herpes 1 or 2 (within the treatment area) If you have a history of herpes close to the area being treated, it is recommended that you take antiviral medication before the treatment.
- Very dark skin
- Use of Photosensitizing medications
- Recent sun exposure or tanning beds. It is important to protect your skin from direct sun exposure over the series of your treatments and it is highly recommended to use an spf30+ sunblock
Post Treatment Care
Hot showers, hot baths and saunas are to be avoided for 24 hours. Also anything that generates heat in the skin such as exercise, cooking over a high heat, etc. If the skin is broken or a blister appears keep the area lubricated to prevent crusting or scabbing of tissue.
Cold packs, Aloe Vera or any other cooling preparation may be used to ease temporary discomfort.
At SF Bay Cosmetic, we have experienced doctors and technicians who will take the time to understand your goals and develop a treatment plan that is right for you.